Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Dynamic Pageextension

Former Community Member
Hi my name is Helge and obviously i have a problem in LiveCycle...

I want my letter to have one head and contentpages extended, depending on how much one writes.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-1375260/dummy1.pdf.html

here you can find a dummy that i did so far.

it has all the functions that i want, except for the fact that if someone typed more than one page the head moves to the last page - it should be on the first one of course.

right now it's "solved" by two content areas, one for the floating subform, one for the fix positioned head.

thanks in advance
11 Replies

Former Community Member
I changed the structure of your form. If you post your email address I will send you the modified dummy1.pdf

Former Community Member
thanks paul,

i was not too clear in the description what i need.

right now the second page starts with the ongoing text in the content box

but i want there to be a gap between top border of the page and top border of the content box as big as it is on the first page - but no adress field(etc).

therefore i put two content areas because the floating text is depending on these somehow

Level 2
Have you tried setting the header fields binding = global

Former Community Member
of the textfield? i tried it now but it does nothing (or atleast nothing directly visible regarding my layout..)

Level 2
yes of the textfields, and make sure they are under the Master Pages in the Hierarchy. Then they will repeat on every page, even if it is dynamically extended. hope that helps.

Former Community Member
no it doesn't

i would like the head to be on the first page only. right now (see url in initial post) it's always on the last page.

thanks for your effort though

Former Community Member
Then simply readjust the size of the content area the way you had it originally and it will work. In the subform that breaks pages, you can indicate where to put the overflow in the pagination tab. You can specify which content area to use.

Former Community Member
You're right, i got it to work.

I would like to show and hide three graphics that are in different places in the hierarchy with two buttons (on/off).

I use the click event on a usual button and put the script with absolute paths:

Formular1.#pageSet.Seite1.layout.IMG_FOOT.presence="invisible";

Formular1.formular.head.layout.IMG_HEAD.presence="invisible";

Formular1.formular.head.layout.IMG_HEAD2.presence="invisible";

But it doesn't work, it just hides one of them and each of these commands on their own work but of course i'd like them to go all together

Here's the file:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-1377428/dummy1.pdf.html

Thanks in advance.