Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Dynamic Forms in a PDF Portfolio

Level 10
Hi,

I want to group 15 XFA forms in a single PDF portfolio. All of the forms have four common fields; section (dropdown), staff (dropdown), project (textfield), date (date/time).

When the user opens the portfolio I want them to select options for these four fields. Note that the staff dropdown list is populated from the choice in the section dropdown.

Then which ever form the user opens the four fields reflect the original choice of the user in step one. Effectively having a global binding for the four fields across all forms in the portfolio.

Is this possible?

I was thinking of a 1-page form with the four fields, which the user would select and then save. Which ever form is then opened, the four fields would have the same selections.

Or would I need to have some XML schema in the portfolio???

Preferably the solution would be self contained within the portfolio, so that the user does not need to undertake a further step or that JS script has to be installed in the users PC.

I am using LC Designer ES and Acrobat 9 Pro Extended.

Thanks in advance,

Niall
2 Replies