Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamic Form to push Footer onto the next page??

Former Community Member
Here is a 45 kb form just to make my explanation easier to understand:

http://users.hol.gr/~mashdown/ISD.pdf

I have a form with a dynamic 'table' on top & a footer at the bottom of the page (strange place to have a footer huh?)

Is it possible to have the layout the way it is, and as soon as rows fill up the space before the footer, to push the footer onto the next page?

All i can manage to do is keep the footer right underneath the table if i want them to move with the rows...... or if they're at the bottom, either to push them onto the next page as soon as i add a row (leaving the same space as before).. or not push them on to the next page at all :D

Is what i want to do possible? If so how? Thanks a lot in advance
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Chris,

It is a good question. I happened to have few other questions about dynamic form layouts. But your question made me think, and I happened to have a probable solution. It may not be the perfect, but it works. Send me your email address and I can send you the working demo.

I have the following hierarchy with properties.

form 1

frmHeader - POSITION LAYOUT

F1 - FLOW LAYOUT, ALLOW BREAKS, REPEAT SUBFORM, MIN 1

F11 - POSITION LAYOUT ALLOW BREAKS

frmContainer - FLOW LAYOUT

frmRepeating - FLOW LAYOUT, ALLOW BREAKS, REPEAT, MIN 1

frmFooter - POSITION LAYOUT

frmHeader and F1 are at 1st level. F11 and frmFooter at the same 2nd level and under F1. frmContainer is under F11.

I have some code to control the footer on each page along with the instances of frmRepeating. F1 subform repeats (addInstance) depending upon # of instances of frmRepeating.

I am still searching an answer for my other question of "How to position dynamic subforms randomly in the layout?"

Hope this helps.

Snehal Shah

Former Community Member
That would be very helpful!

my email is bamboo45 AT gmail.com

Thank you very much, Chris

Former Community Member
Hi Snehal Shah,

I asked Chris if he could send me a copy of the file, but he never got it he said. Do you mind sending the demo to me aswell? harry/AT/aasterudweb.com. Many thanks in advance.

Regards, Harry

Former Community Member
Hi Snehal Shah,

Do you mind sending the demo to me aswell? thushy07@hotmail.com

Many thanks in advance.

Former Community Member
Hi all, i am working with designer 7.0 XP and I have the same problem. I am working in this task (a dynamic table that grow up to the next page).I think that the file of S SHAH could help me. Could someone send me the file. Thanks a lot. emilpe88 at gmail.com