Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Dynamic form saving

Level 4
Hi,

I'm trying to allow my users to save their forms, but I'm struggling with implementing this through extended rights. I think I've narrowed down the problem to my form being dynamic and making subforms hidden and visible. I've had a quick attempt at certification but ran into a problem with it saying that I had a temporary profile so the certificate could not be validated.

Am I doing something wrong or am I using the wrong method?

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated as I think I am currently losing the plot!

Many thanks,

Tom
8 Replies

Former Community Member
Saving of the form has nothing to do with the form being dynamic. If you want to allow users to save the form using Reader you will have to Reader Extend the form to allow this option. There are two ways to Reader Extend the form:

1. LiveCycle Reader Extensions server

2. Open the File in Acrobat and choose the Advanced/Extend Features in Reader option

Level 4
Hi Paul,

I've tried using the Extended Features through Acrobat but when I open it in Reader it is saying that the form has changed since it was extended and that the extension rights are no longer valid.

Tom

Former Community Member
Cab you send the form to livecycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look? Please include a brief sunnary of how to reproduce the problem.

Level 4
Which one do you want to look at? The certificate, or the extended?

Level 2
What version of Reader are you opening the form in?

Former Community Member
If you solved this problem please post the solution I am having the same problem. After the user enters data more then twice they can no longer save the form.

Level 4
I have just managed to narrow down the problem and find a workaround, but I haven't found a solution.

It is opening fine locally in Acrobat 9 and Reader 7, but it is coming up with the error in Citrix Reader 7.

Just been able to get it opened in Citrix Reader 8 (same infrastructure, different icon) and I am not recieving an error message.

So this is either a compatibility issue with Reader 7 on Citrix, or a problem with the configuration of Reader 7 on our Citrix infrastructure.

I'm not sure how to progress this here at the moment as there is a call in to upgrade the Reader version distributed to all users anyway.

Hope this helps you too Scott,

Tom