Expand my Community achievements bar.

Download of Forms

Former Community Member
Does the tool provide the ability to download the forms present on the form server.

There is a need to provide this functionality to the user to be able to download a form present in the form server.

The workflow should be able to provide a form to the user. The form should have a button by the name of download. The user should press download and the user should be prompted to enter a location on the local machine where the form should be downloaded.
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Sangeeta_Bhatia@adobeforums.com wrote:

> Does the tool provide the ability to download the forms present on the form server.

> There is a need to provide this functionality to the user to be able to download a form present in the form server.

> The workflow should be able to provide a form to the user. The form should have a button by the name of download. The user should press download and the user should be prompted to enter a location on the local machine where the form should be downloaded.

I'll follow up your questions with a couple of questions/comments of my own...

- Are you using the Adobe LiveCycle Workflow product? If not, then this is the wrong forum.

- Form Server is not a repository...it is a form processing engine. Did you mean Form Manager?

- If you ARE using Workflow and/or Form Manager, then this capability is already provided to you

through the Form Manager web interface. You wouldn't need (or want) to implement this within a form.

- If you are only using the Form Server product, then the managing of the forms in a repository is

up to you. You would have to develop a custom web application to provide this functionality.

--

Justin Klei

Cardinal Solutions Group

www.cardinalsolutions.com