Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Display a subform at run time

Former Community Member
I have two diff options and depending on what option I choose different subforms would show on the page? How do I do this?
6 Replies

Level 4
The "presence" property controls visibility. I used this script in the click event of a radio button to turn subforms on and off.

xfa.form.form1.Pg1.Subform1.presence = "invisible";

xfa.form.form1.Pg1.Subform2.presence = "visible";

Thom Parker

WindJack Solutions

www.windjack.com

Former Community Member
I am trying to do so with a drop down and this code doesnt work.I have to choose one option in the drop down, lets say value=5, the subform shud display rest all values if chosen, the subform shud not be displayed. This code doesnt work for that

Level 4
When selecting values off of a drop down list(combobox) you have to use a slightly different approach because your looking for a specific value.

Put the following code in the "change" event for the drop down list

if(xfa.event.newText == "5")

xfa.form.form1.Pg1.Subform1.presence = "invisible";

else

xfa.form.form1.Pg1.Subform1.presence = "visible";

Thom Parker

WindJack Solutions

www.windjack.com

Former Community Member
I am still not able to get it right. in the "formready" event of the page I wrote

xfa.form.form1.pg1.subform1.presence="invisible";

so that it is not visible when the form is loaded..it works fine..but when I choose from the drop down list..using the above code..it doesnt work...

but if i donot load it as invisible and then i choose the value (lets say 3) from the drop down it becomes invisible but if i then change the value in drop down(say 2)..it does not become visible again.

I appreciate all your help

Former Community Member
Thanks thom..I finally got it..thanks to you as I used the tip u gave to somebody else :) regarding a similar problem..thanks so much

Former Community Member
This may sound silly but the same code runs on one machine and doesnt run on other...it hangs tha application and closes