Expand my Community achievements bar.

Disabling/locking objects

Level 6
Hello,

Is there any simple way for loking/disabling all the objects (including input fields) in a form without using the access attribute? I need this because, at some situations, I need to prevent users from not alter the value of some fields. However, after some events, the same fields should be possible to change, but at this time I don´t know any moe what were the disabled fields... To keep track of this to all the fields is not the best performance solution, so I was thinking if there is another way to lock/unlock the fields: for instance at the form level, without changing the individual fields properties.

Thank you!
3 Replies

Former Community Member
No, locking/disabling fields is done strictly with the access property which is only available on fields and exclusion groups. You may be better off caching which fields you've disabled via a JS array or something like so when you go to open them again you can just loop through the array instead of having to check each field on the form.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Level 6
Chris,

Yes, I did that already, with "bidimensional arrays" (fields per page). However I remember that if the form has any dinamic section, my array will not work very well. It would be nice if we could change a property like that in the container of the fields and not in the fields itself.

Thank you.

Level 6
ps: sorry for the wrong post (this topic should be placed at livecycle designer forum)