Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Default Font

Former Community Member
How do you set the default Font To Tahoma 9pt ?
5 Replies

Former Community Member
When you create a new Text object what you're doing is creating an instance of the Text object that's in the library. There isn't really a "default font", but there is a font associated with the Text object.

What you can do is drop a Text object on your form, change it's font, and then drop that back in the Library - I'd suggest into the Custom library named so you know it's different than the standard one, but you could also just overwrite the existing Text object with one using your new chosen font.

--

SteveX

Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
I would also like to know how to change the default font. When I drag an item from the Standard library, Myriad Pro is the default font. I would prefer Verdana.

I know what Steve is suggesting. Drag an instance of the item to the stage area, make changes and drag the copy to the Custom library, but that would involve making copies of every item (that contains text) in the Standard library. And then remembering to select the items from the Custom library from then on. (Or drag the copy to the Standard library and deleting the original.)

It would be easier if we could just change the default font of the items in the Standard library, but I'm betting that is not possible. When the programmers populated the Standard library, they selected the font of their choice with each item; the font is saved with the item. Right?

Former Community Member

Have exactly the same problem. Where do I change the default font? Wondering if you got a good answer to the question because the question is old you have resolved the issue, you can tell us!

I work from a graphic profile where the font is Calibri and there is no good way of working to change all objects all the time .. must be a setting you can change the default, but I can not find it

Level 6

Drag and drop a text field from the library.  The default font is Myriad Pro. 

Change it to your desired Font. 

Delete the existing text field object from the library. 

Add your new text field object to the library. 

Your default Font is now stored in the object in the library.

Former Community Member

Fantastic, it works .. you saved my day and saved a lot of time for me Thank you so much!