I noticed that I have the basic layout in ms word 2007 I choose print and select adobe pdf print driver the file gets comverted to a pdf. I then open Livecycle select new and I then select the option to create from an existing pdf I do that etc.. Now when I go to distribute the form on my end it looks fine but on another test machine the header font is has changed and it is not the same but if I open the same file back on my workstation it shows up fine with the right font.
What am I doing wrong that the output file is missing the font is there an option to correct this?
My guess is that the new machine does not have the font on it. There is an option in Designer to embed the fonts (if they are embeddable - not all fonts are). Look under File/Form Properties/Save Options. If the Embed Fonts checkbox is turned on then my guess is that the font is not allowed to be embedded. If this is the case then we can only reference the font and it must exist on the target machines ....or font substitution will occur.
Someone also suggested to me that if I save the file to PS and then back to a pdf it will embed the font.
And then another suggestion was to use a 3rd party PDF print driver that will embed the font regardless.
*Update I figured out the problem when I went to distiller under fonts I noticed that the option for embedding the font that I was using said licensed locked. I found the same font type unlocked removed the old one and now it works embedded thanks for all your help paul you have been a huge help.