Expand my Community achievements bar.

Database connection in Adobe?

Level 2
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and completely new to the Adobe tool.. I wanted to know something about database connections ionadobe process management. In other process management tools which I worked on ...when I publish my procedure or the workflow it generates a database by itself and I can also connect to external databases from my forms and other sources.

-Does Adobe have any datasebase generated by itself?

- How do we connect to a database in adobe process management(workbench)

- Waht is java:/IDP_DS??? is it a standard database or something?

Please help me out with these questions. I am new to this tool and i will have to start an application with this tool.

Thankx in advance.
1 Reply

Former Community Member
-Does Adobe have any datasebase generated by itself?

When you install LiveCycle a database is initialized purely for the support of the LiveCycle framework, security, process management etc. This database can be MySQL, DB2, Oracle, or SQL server.

- How do we connect to a database in adobe process management

Although you can access the LiveCycle database you typically do not connect directly to the LiveCycle database itself as it is designed to support the LiveCycle framwork. Typically you would simply use a seperate database in the event that you need to store any additional information that you want to be able to access from your processes or other distributed applications. This databse(s) can be installed on the same server or other database server(s) within your network.

If there is something specific as far as data in LiveCycle you are interested in accessing, provide details and we can provide further details.

- Process Managment

Process managmenet is designed to allow you to easily access distributed databases as well as content managemnt etc. In WorkBench you can easily access these database via JDBC. We provide Foundation services to access these databases using JDBC SQL,as well as calling stored procedures and also support LDAP.

(workbench)

- What is java:/IDP_DS??? is it a standard database or something?

What you are looking at is the jndi name. Basically it is the datasource name as it would be defined in your datasource XML file. This XML file contains specific information for connecting to whatever database you need to access. The file contains the name as well as connection URL info, driver info, user name/pass etc. So you create your XML file and deploy it, once deployed you can access your databse from Workbench simply by setting the datasource name ie; java:{datasource name}.

If you have installed a turnkey install of LC, you can view the adobe-ds.xml file in your LC deploy directory to see what it looks like.