Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Check box copies text from one address field to another - How To?

Former Community Member
Hi,

I am trying to create an interactive Purchase Order form like the one bundle with Live Cycle Designer. I need to allow the user to check a check box and for the information in one text field to then be copied to another.

On the order form there are two address fields. An invoice address, and a deliver to address. I need to give the user the option of just selecting the same address.

Any help on this would be really appreciated. Please do bear in mind I am a complete noob when it comes to this, and to be quite honest don't have a clue what I'm doing. I have spent days and days trawling through the net to find tutorials, and I'm slowly starting to understand this concept, but I'm still out of my depth. Even on something as simple as this.

Thank you in advance.

Ben Johnson
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Ben,

try this code(Formcalc) in the cange-event of the checkbox:

if($ == 1) then

copy_field1 = field1

copy_field2 = field2

else

copy_field1 = ""

copy_field2 = ""

endif

Hope I could help you

Greets Daniel

Former Community Member
Hey,

Thank you very much for your reply. I've tried fiddling with the code you supplied, but I'm still not having much luck. The two text boxes I have are:

txtInvTo and txtDelTo

I would like to copy from txtInvTo into txtDelTo. I have tried replacing the 'field1' and 'field2' with my object names, but still stuck!

Any more advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again

Ben

Former Community Member
Hi,

your code should look like:

if($ == 1) then

txtDelTo = txtInvTo

else

txtDelTo = ""

endif

Or do you using static-texts instead of text-field?

For editable fields do not use static text!

Text fields are the easier way to do that.

If that all doesn't work, you can send me your form and I'll searching for the mistake.

Former Community Member
Apologies for the extremely delayed response, thank you very much for the code you sent me. It worked very well, simple yet effective. Thanks again,

Ben

Former Community Member
Dear Daneil

I WANT TO COPY THE TEXT OF "ITEM 1" TO "ITEM 2" AS I TYPE IN "ITEM 1".

OR IN OTHER WORDS, I WANT ALL TEXT TO BE COPIED TO "ITEM 2" ON THE GO (AS I TYPE OR DELETE IN ITEM 1, IF I DELETE THE TEXT IN ITEM 1 THEN THE TEXT IN ITEM 2 SHOULD ALSO BE DELETED ON THE GO.

i am using adobe lifecyle ES 8.2

please help me out.

Asim