Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Data Source Connections

Former Community Member
Hello I am working on a form but am getting hung up on my data source. I am connecting to SQL DB and have tried creating the souce through ODBC and SQL with the successful results however when I run the form I get " Connection for Souce dataconnection failed because the enviroment is not trusted" I am sure I am missing a step somwhere but haven't found it.

Thanks.
3 Replies

Former Community Member
You need to setup a DSN on your machine. There is a note in the Designer HELP about this:

In Acrobat, security concerns dictate that you cannot specify an ODBC connection string using the Driver=; syntax, so the client system needs a DSN configured for ODBC connection. Also, if you are using external data sources in a form that you want to make available using Adobe Reader, you must set usage rights for the form using Reader Extensions Server.

Former Community Member
mastone:

were you able to resolve your problem. i have the same issue, and i am not sure how to create a dsn configured for odbc connection.

Former Community Member
Yes I got the error to go away by creating a local DSN of which I was hoping to avoid but I will be able to force that our the AD for the masses. To create a local dsn go to ODBC connection on your local PC an basically repeat the steps you did in your form creating a local connecting to your SQL server. Now I just have to get my drop down box to function corretly.