Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Configuring the XSLT transformation service

Former Community Member
I need to use XSL-T 2.0 in a service. The documentation for XSLT Transformation says that an alternate service provider can be used. It says I need to supply a string value that represents the fully qualified name of the Java class to use for performing the XSLT transformation, such as org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTProcessor. The Java class used must extend javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory and must be available to the class loader of the LiveCycle ES server.

The Saxon XSL-T engine supports the required interface, but I have not been able to install it successfully. In theory, it is a component that can be installed from the Components panel, but when I try that I receive the message "An error occurred. Please check the Eclipse error log for details". I have not been able to locate the error log.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

--RKW
3 Replies

Level 9
Hi

Just put the jar file(s) in the lib directory of your application server.

eg C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8\jboss\server\all\lib

That should do it.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Thanks for the assistance. That turns out to be the right advice. If you want to use the Saxon processor, you need to put the following jars in the server\all\lib folder:

saxon8.jar

saxon8-dom.jar

--RKW

Level 6
Hi,

To use Saxon, what is the right string to put in the factory name of the XSLT transformation service? Also, how can the jar files been installed in a web sphere environment?

thank you