Expand my Community achievements bar.

Comb displaying incorrectly or not at all

Former Community Member
I'm using Livecycle Designer 8.0.

I have a text box which I have applied "comb" 6 characters.

When opened in Adobe Acrobat Professinal 8.0 the combed box is displayed correctly but when opened in Adobe Acrobat 7.0 the box displayed but without the comb. In another box the comb appears but with an incorrect number of spaces (it should have 7 but displays 10).

I have tested Adobe Reader 8.0 and the comb appears correctly. I am concerned, however, that most of my users currently only have Reader 7.0 and by all accounts this should work.

Any help would be much appreciated.
4 Replies

Former Community Member
I am really stuck. The form is saved as a dynamic v7 form. I have one combed box set to 7 characters which, in Adobe Acrobat 7, displays 10 characters, even if I delete and recreate it from scratch.

Tow other decimal boxes have comb applied but this does not display at all.

Can anyone help please?

Former Community Member
One Solution to use combs in v7 you can find <br /><a href="http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc06e11">here.</a> <br /><br /><br />Set your field to limit length max.chars 'x'. <br /><br />You can made it also per hand in the xml code, go to your field and...<br /><br /><field settings><br /><br /> <value><br /><br /><b>  &lt;text maxChars="3"/&gt; </b><br /><br /> </value><br /><br /></field><br /><br /><br />Then you have to edit the xml-source by hand, but its not so much work.<br /><br />Mark your field and go to the xml source, edit the bold parts.<br /><br /><field settings><br /><br /> <ui><br /><br />  <textedit><br /><br /><b>   <border hand="right"> </b> <br /><br />   </border><br /><br /><b>   <comb/> </b><br /><br />  </textEdit><br /><br /> </ui><br /><br /></field><br /><br /><br />Should this sounds to confused, look into the <a href="http://home.freeuk.com/iamlazyworm/comb.pdf">comb.pdf</a> you can find in the link above. <br /><br />Greetings Matthias