Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

.pdf works in Acrobat Pro 8 but not Adobe Reader 8

Former Community Member
I have a dynamic .pdf that I created in Livecycle Designer.

It works perfectly in Acrobat Pro 8 but not Adobe Reader 8.

There is a function that highlights a form field orange. It is called from the enter event of every form field.

There is another function that highlights a form field red if the field contains an invalid value. This is called from the exit event of every form field.

When I enter a field in Reader 8, it highlights orange as it should but does not allow me to enter a value and it adds an additional blank page to the .pdf. Also, it does not highlight red as it should on exit.

If I remove the enter script, the exit script works fine.

I sent the .pdf to somebody to test and it worked perfectly for him in Reader 8.00 but not for me in 8.00 or 8.01 which makes me think maybe it is just a problem with my settings.

Can anybody help?

Thank you.
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Okay, I just upgraded to Acrobat Pro 8.1 and the .pdf fails there now too.

So my problem is not an inconsistency between Acrobat and Reader, it is that the .pdf works in the earlier 8.0 but not the latest 8.1.

I am happy to send the .pdf to anybody who wants to see it. Hopefully the problem is with my code and not the update.

Thanks.

Former Community Member
Hi Joe,

My problem might be similiar...I can't get a submit (as pdf) button to work for users using Adobe Reader. It works fine if they are only sending the XML data, but I need them to send a completed pdf form.

Do you have any ideas?

Brett