Expand my Community achievements bar.

can't submit/save from hyperlink

Former Community Member
I have saved my forms to a website. When user's click the hyperlink to the form, a pop-up box appears reading "Sending Data files by Email" "this form contains an email submit button. Clicking this button will email a data file containing data you type into this form. However, the form itself will not be sent. Remember you cannot save a completed copy of this form with Adobe Reader 7." The user can complete and print, but cannot save or submit it.

When the user clicks submit another error box comes up "This operation is not permitted.

I'm using LifeCycle FormDesigner 8.0

The button is a plain button with submit attributes. It's not a "submit by email" button.

Can anyone help me to make this a functional, submittable form? You can view the form at: http://www.insureyourfarm.com/linkedfiles/0QuickQuote.pdf
12 Replies

Former Community Member
I'm not sure why it's not working. I filled in the required fields, clicked the submit button and an email popped up with the attachment in place ready for me to send. What version of reader are you using to test the form? If you're using reader 7.0.8, maybe there's a conflict between versions.

Former Community Member
I found a related post which might help, here's a link.

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc27b36/0

It looks like you might need the Reader Extensions software for this to work in the free Reader.

Former Community Member
DeAnne

A query as to how you get the form to highlight the boxes that need to be completed when the Submit button is pressed please.

TIA

Former Community Member
Stephen: Highlight boxes that need to be completed: In the value section, make the entry type: User Entered - Required. The form won't be submitted until all required entries are made.

David...Thanks for the information. I too read that post. And have the submit options marked as PDF. I downloaded the "sandbox" yesterday and will spend today figuring out how to use it. I think the Reader Extensions are the solution...rather, I really, really, hope the Reader Extensions are the solution.

BTW, the form works just fine on my computer. It's when co-workers test it that the problems appear. So if it appears on theirs, it will appear when "real" people use it.

Thanks, DeAnne

Former Community Member
Hi DeAnne. I remember reading that Acrobat 8.0 will be able to enable certain features in reader, specifically it will enable reader users to save the completed form. Do you have Acrobat 8.0? Possibly you could enable all the features you need to allow reader users to submit your form. Sorry this isn't more specific, I'm still on Acrobat 7.

Former Community Member
Dear David,

Yes, I am in the "trial" for Acrobat 8.0. Using the form design software to see if it will meet our needs before making a costly purchase that doesn't. It's been an hour now, and still not able to figure out how to make the extensions work. I don't know if they'll work for 8,0 or not. De

Former Community Member
Look under Advanced>>Enable Usage Rights for the available extensions within Acrobat 8.0.

Former Community Member
DeAnne

Does going to Advanced, Enable Usage Rights in Adobe Reader help at all?

Former Community Member
You guys are amazing! And (drumroll here) VOILA it worked!

Thanks for your help! Keep up the good work! DeAnne