Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Bar code question

Former Community Member
I haven't done anything with bar codes but I know one can do bar codes in Designer. I also know that in order to use dynamic bar codes I have to pay more money in order to use them. But I can add bar codes that are not dynamic that someone would be able to scan with out having to lay out any additional cost?

We use bar codes on many of our items that are generated by a bar code software which are then made into eps files and brought into QuarkXPress documents then printed. Now I hear that all forms we do are going to need a bar code.
2 Replies

Former Community Member
You can certainly use most barcodes in Designer without having to pay extra. All the barcodes are located in the Barcodes tab in the Library palette.

I believe the extra costs come into effect when you start using our Paper Forms Barcode technology which lets you encode field values into a 2D barcode on a form which will be filled-in electronically, then printed, signed (manually with a pen) and mailed/faxed back to your company. I believe you would then need our software to decrypt the encoded field values.

Other than that, you can put barcode objects on the form and set their properties using the Object palette. In particular, you can set their values at design-time (using the Object palette) as well as at runtime (using script) so if you know the value of the barcode that your form requires, it's simple.

Stefan

Adobe Systems