Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

ALC-DSC-031-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.net.DSCNamingException: Remote EJBObject lookup failed for ejb/In

Former Community Member
Hi

I have seen this error way too often now and every time i think i have found a solution to it i get it again. Can anyone please let me know if they have seen this and what the resolution for it is?

[8/05/08 17:53:10:078 EST] 00000038 WebApp E [Servlet Error]-[check-login]: ALC-DSC-031-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.net.DSCNamingException: Remote EJBObject lookup failed for ejb/Invocation provider

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.ejb.EjbMessageDispatcher.initialise(EjbMessageDispatcher.java:97)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.ejb.EjbMessageDispatcher.doSend(EjbMessageDispatcher.java:130)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:57)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:208)

at com.adobe.workspace.users.Authentication.doSSO(Authentication.java:296)

at com.adobe.workspace.users.Authentication.servletCheckLogin(Authentication.java:234)

at com.adobe.workspace.users.AuthenticationServlet.doGet(AuthenticationServlet.java:53)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1068)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1009)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:145)

at com.adobe.workspace.events.RemoteEventClientLifeCycle.doFilter(RemoteEventClientLifeCycle.java:126)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:190)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:130)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:87)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:771)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:679)

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:539)
5 Replies

Former Community Member
It looks like the EJB is defined to bootstrap on the default port 2809 i think. In my single server environment i changed my appservers port details and it worked and i havent seen this error since.

Former Community Member

I am writing a java program that connects to LC ES2 services using EJB. I have encountered the same problem you mentioned here. Could you please advise how to resolve the problem?

My WebSphere version is 6.1.0.19.

Oct 17, 2010 4:41:46 PM com.ibm.ws.util.ImplFactory
WARNING: WSVR0073W
Error Occurred: Exception thrown is NOT a DSCException : UnExpected From DSC
com.adobe.idp.um.api.UMException| [com.adobe.livecycle.usermanager.client.AuthenticationManagerServiceClient] errorCode:16385 errorCodeHEX:0x4001 message:Exception thrown is NOT a DSCException : UnExpected From DSC chainedException:ALC-DSC-031-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.net.DSCNamingException: Remote EJBObject lookup failed for ejb/Invocation providerchainedExceptionMessage:Remote EJBObject lookup failed for ejb/Invocation provider chainedException trace:ALC-DSC-031-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.net.DSCNamingException: Remote EJBObject lookup failed for ejb/Invocation provider
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.ejb.EjbMessageDispatcher.initialise(EjbMessageDispatcher.java:101)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.ejb.EjbMessageDispatcher.doSend(EjbMessageDispatcher.java:141)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:66)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:208)
at com.adobe.livecycle.usermanager.client.AuthenticationManagerServiceClient.authenticate(AuthenticationManagerServiceClient.java:109)
at itc.bean.AddUserSOAP.main(AddUserSOAP.java:52)
Caused by: javax.naming.NamingException: Failed to initialize the ORB [Root exception is org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: Unable to init plugins  vmcid: IBM  minor code: 504  completed: No]
at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.Helpers.getOrb(Helpers.java:318)
at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory.getInitialContextInternal(WsnInitCtxFactory.java:392)
at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtx.getContext(WsnInitCtx.java:117)
at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtx.getContextIfNull(WsnInitCtx.java:712)
at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtx.lookup(WsnInitCtx.java:171)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:363)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.ejb.EjbMessageDispatcher.initialise(EjbMessageDispatcher.java:92)
... 5 more
Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: Unable to init plugins  vmcid: IBM  minor code: 504  completed: No
at com.ibm.rmi.corba.PluginRegistry.initPlugin(PluginRegistry.java:229)
at com.ibm.rmi.corba.PluginRegistry.initPlugins(PluginRegistry.java:210)
at com.ibm.rmi.corba.PluginRegistry.initPlugins(PluginRegistry.java:216)
at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ORB.initializePlugins(ORB.java:571)
at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ORB.orbParameters(ORB.java:1319)
at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ORB.set_parameters(ORB.java:1206)
at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ORB.set_parameters(ORB.java:1662)
at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(ORB.java:364)
at com.ibm.ws.orb.GlobalORBFactory.init(GlobalORBFactory.java:86)
at com.ibm.ejs.oa.EJSORBImpl.initializeORB(EJSORBImpl.java:179)
at com.ibm.ejs.oa.EJSClientORBImpl.<init>(EJSClientORBImpl.java:83)
at com.ibm.ejs.oa.EJSClientORBImpl.<init>(EJSClientORBImpl.java:59)
at com.ibm.ejs.oa.EJSORB.init(EJSORB.java:102)
at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.Helpers.getOrb(Helpers.java:309)
... 11 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Invalid Implementation Key, com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.WLMPlugin
at com.ibm.ws.util.ImplFactory.loadClassFromKey(ImplFactory.java:363)
at com.ibm.ws.util.ImplFactory.loadClassFromKey(ImplFactory.java:354)
at com.ibm.ws.wlm.Factory$2.run(Factory.java:98)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:241)
at com.ibm.ws.wlm.Factory.loadClass(Factory.java:96)
at com.ibm.ws.wlm.client.WLMClient.init(WLMClient.java:130)
at com.ibm.rmi.corba.PluginRegistry.initPlugin(PluginRegistry.java:224)
... 24 more

Thank you in advance

Mac

Level 2

So you just changed the port and it fixed. Do you mean you changed it from 2809 to XXXX and used XXXX in connection properties for SOAP mode in Livecycle.

Anyone else found the same issue or resolution ?

Employee

This error is typically found when the java naming service cannot bind or find the rmi port. I think this is 1099 if using Jboss. You can either change this port to something else and restart, or you can use the SOAP service to connect with.

you need adjust your client code as follows:

//sample connnection props.

Properties props=new Properties();

props.setProperty("DSC_TRANSPORT_PROTOCOL","SOAP");

props.setProperty("DSC_DEFAULT_SOAP_ENDPOINT","http://host:8080");

Also, make sure that the java client’s classpath has all jars from the LiveCycle_ES_SDK\client-libs\thirdparty directory.

The SOAP protocol doesn’t use the Java Naming Service, so you you shouldn't hit this problem using SOAP.