Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Adobe Designer 7.0 - drop down list

Former Community Member
Can I generate a drop down list from source data? I have about 600-700 names I would like to appear in a drop down list sorted by two fields. <br /><br />Can I do this without manually entering them in? Obviously I would not that do that <grin><br /><br />Please help.<br /><br />Thanks<br />Rob
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Any chance someone could help me with this. I have the data in Access but could move it if I need to.

Former Community Member
hi robe,

i have no experience in connecting forms with an access db, but searching this forum for a 'sort-solution' i have found this -->

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbe7773/6

hope it helps

Valerio

Former Community Member
You'll first need to define a Data Connection (using the Data View palette) to your table in your Access data base. In order to do this, you'll need to setup an ODBC data source pointing to your Access data base. Once of the steps in the configuration of the Data Connection will be a window asking you to pick the record source to use from the ODBC connection. You'll have the choice between
Table,
Stored Procedure and
SQL Query. If you pick,
SQL Query, you can then specify an SQL statement that'll retrieve all the information from your table in a sorted fashion:

SELECT * FROM
TableName ORDER BY
ColumnName ASC

Note that you can also use DESC instead of ASC to sort in descending order.

Then I would suggest that you use the Data Drop Down List object found in the Library palette's Custom tab. You'll need to configure its Initialize script to specify the name of the data connection to use as well as the names of the text and value columns from the data connection (table column names).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Stefan

Adobe Systems