Expand my Community achievements bar.

About replicating body pages

Level 2
I'm a new LiveCycle user, and think that the problem it's so easy to resolve.

All the forms to desing have the same template: one page or more than one, but always two copies of every page, with only one text-box diferent, like "user's copy/Government copy".

So, for example for a designed form of two pages, always when printing must be 4 pages, two the same except the item "user's copy/Government copy".

How can it be implemented?

I'm trying to do it with two master pages (one that content only item "user's copy" and the other that content only item "Government copy") and two body pages every one with its desing, but for me it's impossible to reach my wished goal .

Can anybody helps me?

Thanks
3 Replies

Former Community Member
What I would do is create the form the way you want it. Make all of the fields default binding global. Copy all the form fields on to new pages. Edit what you want to change on the second copy. Make the pages of the second copy presence visible on print only.

There may be a cleaner way to do this with programming but someone else will have to help with that.

Level 2
Well, this solutions is not good for me. Duplicating body pages is exactly the thing I don't want to do, because of the possibility of having mistakes on form's maintenance (two places where make corrections)

In fact, I'm really sure that it has no sense on LiveCycle 7.0 to replicate body pages when there are minimun changes between them (only one text-box in my case).

Maybe I'm wrong?

Level 2
Thanks, but the way to fill the form is not my problem.

I'm looking for a way to make easy form's maintenance, and zero possibilities of mistake, I mean, when modifying any property of one object of government copy, it has to be modified also automatically on the other copy of the page (user copy)

In any case, thanks a lot.