Expand my Community achievements bar.

A Workitem don't process with win 2k sp4

Former Community Member
Well

I try to send a work item in browser's with Web access in a machine with S. O. Win 2k Pro SP4, but the screen keeps in black and don't process OnComplete in the server. The rare thing is that try process in Win Xp Pro sp2 is processed.

Some idea that it can be?

Marco
7 Replies

Former Community Member
i have the exact same problem. Did you find a solution or a

workaround yet?

Former Community Member
Hello -

I have not heard of this problem. Can you provide more detailed information on what you are seeing? Is this the server or the client which has SP4?

Will

Former Community Member
We have the same behavior on the server (win2k sp4) and on the client when it runs win2k(with ie6.0 SP1).

When the client is W2003 or win xp the work item is processed normally.

When the problem occurs after submitting the form you have a blank

screen (a frame with an empty.htm) and when you refresh it, only then you can see the list with work items. It seems to me that it can't read the correct form type and can't redirect to the correct page.

Thanks in advance

Peggy

Former Community Member
hello -

what kind of Form are you using? Is it a PDF Form? If indeed it is a PDF form, is there any chance you are using different versions of Acrobat?

Will

Former Community Member
hi

we use Form Designer 5.0 to create the form and Form Client on the client side.

thanks

Former Community Member
Hello again -

Yes, Form Designer 5.0. The Form controls are implemented as ActiveX Controls. I wonder if Microsoft put a security change in SP4 which changes some of the ActiveX behaviour - specifically with posting data or redirecting pages.

My ownly suggestion is to try lowering your browser security settings for ActiveX Controls. Unfortunately this is only a guess. It may be worth your while to log an official issue with Support on this one.

Good luck - let us know how it goes!

Will

Former Community Member
Hello Will

after many tests we discover that every machine running w2000 (regardless service pack version) has the same behavior.

lowering browser security settings is useless so far.

Anyway, thanks for you help

Peggy