Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

1D bar-coded web based forms

Former Community Member
I have designed a 1D bar-code (Code 3 of 9) form using Acrobat Professional 8 and LiveCycle Designer.

I have two questions regarding wed-based forms and bar codes.

1.) I would like to make this form available for users to download from the web, fill-in and print (no electronic submissions). How do I append the form to my website?

2.) I assigned an alphanumeric sequence to the barcode and would like for it to change each time the form is downloaded by the user (the numerical portion). Please explain the steps on how to execute this function.

I am very much a novice at this, so if any scripting is involved, could you please try to be as detailed as possible.

Thanks in advance for your response.
3 Replies

Former Community Member
In regards to the form deployment, simply providing a URL that directs the user to your PDF is more than suffice, nothing special has to be done there.

As for the alpha sequence. Are you looking for a random sequence or something that is filled in by an outside service?

Former Community Member
Thanks for the quick response. Regarding the bar codes: I would prefer a random sequence on the numeric portion (e.g. the alphabetical sequence remains the same (ABC#####).

Former Community Member
Here is an example of a randomly generated sequence of characters to "uniquely" identify an incoming form. This is random however, so uniqueness is not guaranteed. You can also add things like time and date to add to the uniqueness of the generated sequence.

http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/barcodedformsrandomidentifier/ (open the URL and then save the form to your local machine)

In this example the Code-128 barcode is filled with 10 randomly selected alphanumeric characters.