Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Update Profile to use in other journeys

Level 2

Hello,

I've tried updating a profile in a journey and I'm able to use the updated data in a condition in the same journey.

However this data cannot be used in other journeys.

This updated value can only be seen on the profile and not in the dataset.

Is there a way to map this change to the dataset or any other way to use the data in another journey?

Thanks in advance!

Iswaren

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hello,

I've been able to run some more test on this.

The updated data stays on the profile level but it can be used in other journeys.

You just need to allow some time between the update profile and the condition in the next journey.

My findings:

1. Using update profile in conditions of the same journey; allow a minimum of 10 minutes before using the updated value.
  2. Using update profile in conditions of different journeys; allow a minimum of 1 hour before using the updated value. (Note that this could be less, will update the comment once I've done more testing.)

IswarenSiman_0-1721883174983.png

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 9

@IswarenSiman 

This is expected as the profile update occurs in memory during the journey execution and is not persisted to the underlying dataset.

Check the below excerpt from the documentation

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/journey-optimizer/using/orchestrate-journeys/about-journe...update_profile.png

Level 2

Thanks @gkalyan for the quick response.

Do you think there is a work around for this?

Or another way to achieve it?

Thanks

Level 9

There is "Computed attributes" which is in beta which might help you.

"Computed attributes are functions used to aggregate event-level data into profile-level attributes. These functions are automatically computed so that they can be used across segmentation, activation, and personalization."

Check this API guide 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/profile/api/overview#computed-attribu...

Community Advisor

Hi @IswarenSiman - You should be able to use the updated data in the same journey. Did you tried adding a wait for few seconds before using this data? Does your usecase really needs the data to be present in datalake? If you need this to be present in datalake then you can use a streaming api to send the data to AEP.

Thanks,

Arpan

Level 2

Hi @arpan-garg,

The updated data works perfectly in the same journey.

I'm adding a wait of 10 minutes before using the data.

But yes, I still wanted to use those calculated values in other journeys.

This will also be a series of ongoing journeys.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hello,

I've been able to run some more test on this.

The updated data stays on the profile level but it can be used in other journeys.

You just need to allow some time between the update profile and the condition in the next journey.

My findings:

1. Using update profile in conditions of the same journey; allow a minimum of 10 minutes before using the updated value.
  2. Using update profile in conditions of different journeys; allow a minimum of 1 hour before using the updated value. (Note that this could be less, will update the comment once I've done more testing.)

IswarenSiman_0-1721883174983.png

Thanks for the help.