Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Triggering event when profile data changes via streaming API ingestion

Community Advisor

Is it possible to fire a trigger to third party system as soon as profile data changes in AEP via the streaming API's . I added a "Data ingestion notification" Platform notification via https://developer.adobe.com/  but seems it only works when profile is updated via batch ingestion not via streaming ingestion.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@arpan-garg I suggest two things:

1. Submit an enhancement request to get the streaming ingestion added if you haven't.
  2. Till that comes out, what we've seen work in a number of use cases is:
    1. Add in your schema an updateTimestamp to the Profile
    2. Build a Segment that looks at that (e.g. updateTimestamp in Last 24 hours)
    3. Add that to your Streaming Destination

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@arpan-garg I suggest two things:

1. Submit an enhancement request to get the streaming ingestion added if you haven't.
  2. Till that comes out, what we've seen work in a number of use cases is:
    1. Add in your schema an updateTimestamp to the Profile
    2. Build a Segment that looks at that (e.g. updateTimestamp in Last 24 hours)
    3. Add that to your Streaming Destination

Community Advisor

Hi @Danny-Miller - Thanks for your inputs, I will definitely submit an enhancement request to get notification for streaming ingestion as well.

Was not just sure if thats a limitation of AEP or its just me missing something.Thanks for confirming.

Community Advisor

Hi @Danny-Miller - I have a use-case where I need to push the event/profile data of a profile as soon as it is updated. I added a field "Profile Modified" in my profile schema for tracking the time when the profile was last updated. For event dataset we already have timestamp containing this detail.

I created a streaming segment "Profile updated in last 2 minutes" and activated this to a "HTTP API" destination. I however noticed that the profile which are updated in last 2 minutes are sometimes activated to destination and sometimes not. I am not sure why all the profiles updated are not getting streamed.

If i go to a segment membership of a profile i see the segment "Profile updated in last 2 minutes" but still can't find it activated to my destination API.

Any pointers on why its working intermittently?