Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Segmentation usecase : Fetch customers with average booking price within a range

Community Advisor

Hello,

I am attempting to accomplish the following use case using segmentation in Adobe Experience Platform (AEP).

I need to calculate the average price paid for all the bookings falling within the range of 1000 to 2000 USD. The pricing information is stored within the experience event schemas.

When I apply an aggregate function to the container, I only see options like "greater than," "less than," and "equal to," but there is no option for "between." Additionally, when I attempt to use an aggregate function on the second container, it doesn't seem to work.

Is there a method or approach to handle this specific scenario?

One idea would be to create two audience one with less than 1000 USD, other with less than 2000 USD purchase and then exclude the first from the second to get all the bookings between 1000 USD AND 2000 USD.

@arijitg @Danny-Miller @AtulChavan 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello,

A workaround could be to compose two segments together: 

Segment1: Prices over $1000

Segment2: Prices under $100

Segment3: IN Segment1 AND IN Segment2

Now you can use Segment3 wherever you want to encompass customers who have an average price value of bookings between $1000 to $2000. 

Thank you,

Anmol

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello,

A workaround could be to compose two segments together: 

Segment1: Prices over $1000

Segment2: Prices under $100

Segment3: IN Segment1 AND IN Segment2

Now you can use Segment3 wherever you want to encompass customers who have an average price value of bookings between $1000 to $2000. 

Thank you,

Anmol