Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

SALT SHA 256 Hashing - Data Ingestion

Community Advisor

Team - We are trying to incorporate the SALT while hashing (SHA 256) when the data is being ingested in to AEP data lake to match the SALT  256 hashed value from one of our other sources. However, AEP has only the SHA 256 function which comes under the calculated field as a build in.

So, want to check is there any possibilities that we can add the SALT while we use SHA 256. I understand that kind of rare case where we use SALT while we ingest data but it would be great if anyone can came across such scenario or assistance on the specific question.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

This is currently not possible with the current release of the AEP. Let's hope its done in the future, its rare but I can see the benefits of having it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

This is currently not possible with the current release of the AEP. Let's hope its done in the future, its rare but I can see the benefits of having it.

Level 2

Correct. This feature is not available at this moment in AEP. 

Community Advisor

Hi @adobechat & @vikramcl92  - Currently we don't have the direct method to append the SALT with SHA 256. However, we have managed by adding the SALT with other system and could able to match the data for stitching. Hopefully, adobe will come up with adding the SALT functionalities to get more flavor on encryption.