Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Repeating Page Views were send in SPA with the Data Element "Page Path" Change by Adobe Launch

Level 3

I use Adobe Launch to track the page views in SPA Single Page Application

I know some use the page url change as a event to track as page view. so i use similar method, I use the event -data element change - "%Page Path Name%" change for track the page views.

Most page views were send correctlly, however, every time I open the SPA, the first load page will be sent the totolly same hits in the adobe debugger. ONLY the first page view is repeatingly send. 

And im sure the page path were totally the same within the repeating servercalls.

Just want to know why it happends.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @DebbyNPL , it sounds like you are getting calls from both the "app load" and the "view change" when your intention is to only make calls on the "view change". Does your data element change twice on the first load of the app? Or is there another rule which is firing on on the page load (via "Library loaded - Page Bottom", "DOM Loaded", or "Window Loaded")?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @DebbyNPL , it sounds like you are getting calls from both the "app load" and the "view change" when your intention is to only make calls on the "view change". Does your data element change twice on the first load of the app? Or is there another rule which is firing on on the page load (via "Library loaded - Page Bottom", "DOM Loaded", or "Window Loaded")?