Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Records skipped in the identity tab when I click on one of the identity namespaces

Community Advisor

Hello guys,

I just ingested 5000 records where every record containes  1 primary identity into Data Lake and Profile. When I try to click on one of the identity namespace in the identity tab I noticed taht I have 4000 records under Records skipped. Any idea about the possible reason?Shall I execute some check?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Luca_Lattarini 

See if this helps to troubleshoot:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/identity/troubleshooting-guide.html%3Fla... 

Can you check the monitoring tab and see if there were any errors? Reasons for skipping records include: Missing timestamps, missing or invalid person ID, etc.

Let us know your findings.

Regards,

Chetanya 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Luca_Lattarini 

See if this helps to troubleshoot:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/identity/troubleshooting-guide.html%3Fla... 

Can you check the monitoring tab and see if there were any errors? Reasons for skipping records include: Missing timestamps, missing or invalid person ID, etc.

Let us know your findings.

Regards,

Chetanya 

Community Advisor

Hello @ChetanyaJain ,

It seems that the Dataset and schema are not enabled for the identity Service

Thanks

Administrator

Great work @ChetanyaJain ! thanks for immense contribution on community!!! 

Looking forward to see more from you!

Community Advisor

@ChetanyaJain  I want to add new info to my previous answered where I said that the skipped record were caused by Dataset and schema are not enabled for the identity Service. 

I found that identity service ignored records with only 1 identity. Is it correct to say both cases caused Records skipped? 

thanks

luca

Community Advisor

@Luca_Lattarini you cannot "enable profile" on the dataset if the schema is not profile enabled. 

Community Advisor

@ChetanyaJain in the case the schema is profile enabled, is it correct consider the only 1 identiy for record of skipped record?

Community Advisor

@Luca_Lattarini  : Your understanding is correct . 

When MORE THAN ONE identity is included in any ingested data or sent to a dataset enabled for Identity Service, those identities are linked in the Private Identity Graph. Identity Service leverages this graph to stitch identities for a given consumer or entity, allowing for  profile merging.

Community Advisor

@Luca_Lattarini - How did you get it fixed? I also have one identity on my schema and it always says record skipped?