Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to see event data in profile

Community Advisor

I have a use case where profile and event data are present in AWS Redshift database.  I created required schema using XDM profile, enabled the schema for profile and created dataset using schema , also enabled dataset for profile.

Same steps i did for the event data i.e. Created required schema using XDM experience event, enabled the schema for profile and created dataset using schema , also enabled dataset for profile.

After batch ingesting the data using the existing AWS Redshift connector i see all the data in profile correctly however the event data related to the profile is missing. Both profile schema and event schema has the same primary identity linked to the same namespace.

I checked monitoring and I see success. 

However one strange thing i noticed while ingesting event data (I see negative count of records ingested as attached below)

arpang16406580_0-1679731623128.png

Any thoughts on why I am missing event data on profile ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Finally worked for me

To test, I created 2 profile Schemas(ProfileA, ProfileB) and 2 Experience Event schemas(Event A, Event B).

In the first set of schema(ProfileA,EventA) I just added a primary identity and later ingested the data.

In the second set of schema(ProfileB,EventB) I added a primary identity + Added a field group "AEP Web SDK Experience Event" in EventB schema

In the profile data ingested in set A, i can't see event data.

In the set B where I added field group "AEP Web SDK Experience Event" i could see event data in profile.

This made me reach to a conclusion that "AEP Web SDK Experience Event" field group is required in Experience Event schemas if we want to see event data in Profile.

@arijitg @Manoj_Kumar_ and other community members - Is that true?

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi @arpan-garg ,

Can you once check the timestamp for your events if they're older than 30 days?

Can you do a profile lookup on an identity where timestamp are within 30 days if you can see events listed?

By any chance did you load event dataset and then dropped and recreated the dataset and reloaded?

Regards,

Arijit Ghosh

Community Advisor

Hi @arijitg - I created a new dataset and a new schema and ingested the data with timestamp of yesterday. Still I see records being skipped and records ingested in negative

arpang16406580_0-1679809104178.png

Community Advisor

I see this document from Adobe https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-cloud-kcs/kbarticles/KA-19839.html?lang=en as per this its impossible to see event data ingested via csv. Is that true?

Community Advisor

Hello @arpan-garg No it is not true, CSV uploaded events will be visible in the events tab.

All these values should be populated in event data to make it work.

• Identities
  • timestamp
  • _id (should be unique platform-wide)
  • eventType

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Hi @arpan-garg is that possible you tried to ingest _id which are already present in platform (ingested already may be to some other dataset)? In that case these records shouldn't reflect in UPS. This is a known guardrail to avoid duplicate events in system.

Community Advisor

Hi @arijitg - Yes i made sure all the id's ingested are not same as previously ingested ids

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Finally worked for me

To test, I created 2 profile Schemas(ProfileA, ProfileB) and 2 Experience Event schemas(Event A, Event B).

In the first set of schema(ProfileA,EventA) I just added a primary identity and later ingested the data.

In the second set of schema(ProfileB,EventB) I added a primary identity + Added a field group "AEP Web SDK Experience Event" in EventB schema

In the profile data ingested in set A, i can't see event data.

In the set B where I added field group "AEP Web SDK Experience Event" i could see event data in profile.

This made me reach to a conclusion that "AEP Web SDK Experience Event" field group is required in Experience Event schemas if we want to see event data in Profile.

@arijitg @Manoj_Kumar_ and other community members - Is that true?

Community Advisor

Hello @arpan-garg 

Yes, that is correct. The WEb SDK event  field group should be the part of Experience event schema.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn