Expand my Community achievements bar.

Preventing profile from stitching in webSDK

Level 6

Hi there,

Incorrect Profile stitching is a reoccurring issue for our company, one of the reasons we identified is because of call center agents troubleshooting for customers by impersonating them on their browser. 

We have identified several high offending ip addresses, and have configured in the datastream that if the webSDK events equal these ip addresses, nullify the primary authenticated id, in hopes to detach the ECID from any authenticated IDs preventing incorrect stitching.

I do see the authenticated id in web events nullify, however, I still see the profiles stitched within the identityMap. Is this expected? Is there another way to tackle this?

Thanks.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

@akwankl is the dataset in question enabled for profile? do you need real time events to be sent to profile as they happen? 

If no is the answer and okay to accept a delay, you can use query service to exclude events by that IP address (assuming that's captured as well) and enable all other events for profile. 

Another option is use the new feature to mark the event as bot with custom IP address 

this adds a filed to the xdm which can then be filtered using query service, read more here 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/datastreams/bot-detection#prerequisit...