Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Opt-in attribute - Best practice

Level 3

Is there any guidance, best practice from Adobe/AEP around out-in attribute to be sent to Destinations meant for customer marketing perspective via email, text, etc?

I believe there is no mandate to send the Opt-in attribute to Destinations. The Segment(s) selected for the Destination(s) should have the appropriate rules to filter out the opt-in = FALSE customers/audience.

Suggestions?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@mdajaz Ohkk. Yup. There is no need to send opt-in attribute to a destination if it has been catered to in a segment upstream before sending to the destination.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hey @mdajaz 

Consent and data governance is much more detailed in AEP. What you are taking into account is a blanket consent to activate data to a destination. But since AEP brings in varied kinds of data about a user into the platform, it is much more complex to set standards around what can and cannot be used to define a segment and activate it. To manage such scenarios, there is a complete DULE governance framework. You can read up more here in a very good series of blogs from @Danny-Miller : https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-platform-blogs/getting-started-wit...

Hope the above helps to give some perspective to it.

Cheers.

Level 3

Hey,

I guess you misunderstood my query. My query is about attributes exported to a destination.

Example:

Option A - 

FName, LName, Email, Opt-in

Option B -

FName, LName, Email (No Opt-In attribute to Dest which is already used in the Segment rules to filter out the customers who did not Opt-In)

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@mdajaz Ohkk. Yup. There is no need to send opt-in attribute to a destination if it has been catered to in a segment upstream before sending to the destination.

Administrator

@mdajaz Did you find the suggested solutions helpful? It would be great if you can  mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, share it with wider audience in the community.