Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Issue with Segmentation Using a "Look-Up Table"

Community Advisor

Hello,

I've encountered an issue with segmenting data using a "Look-Up Table." I've set up an XDM individual profile schema with the following fields:

1. Customer ID
  2. Address ID
  3. Customer First Name
  4. Customer Last Name

Additionally, I've created a look-up schema for customer addresses with the following fields:

1. Address ID
  2. Street Name
  3. House Number
  4. City Name

The Address ID in the customer profile schema is linked to the Address ID in the look-up table. Both schemas have been enabled for profiles, and datasets have been created and enabled for both schemas. I've inserted data into both datasets.

However, I've encountered an issue when creating a segment for customers who reside in a specific city. I consistently receive a profile count of 0. I've double-checked the IDs and the city name and can confirm that the data is present in the profile-enabled dataset.

Could you please assist me in resolving this segmentation issue?

Thank you.

@arijitg @Anil_Umachigi @AtulChavan @

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The look up data is based on a customer class Address, which was created as a record. 

arpang16406580_0-1694806483944.png

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Employee

Hello,

Have you tried running a query on both datasets (or system profile snapshot  dataset) to check if data is present? 

If yes, please file a customer support ticket with the profile IDs, dataset IDs and relevant details etc? Someone from support team will follow up on the ticket.

Thank you,

Anmol

Community Advisor

Hi @anmolraj - Will system profile snapshot  dataset also contain the lookup data?

Employee

@arpan-garg wrote:

Hi @anmolraj - Will system profile snapshot  dataset also contain the lookup data?

Hello - If the lookup data is coming from the dataset built on the XDM individual profile schema, then it should be available in system profile snapshot dataset, too. Thanks. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The look up data is based on a customer class Address, which was created as a record. 

arpang16406580_0-1694806483944.png

Community Advisor

Hi @arijitg @AtulChavan- Any idea , what i might be doing wrong? 

Level 2

In the Database find which is the primary Key for Customer_ID or Address_ID. and link it with the look-up-table.

Community Advisor

Hi @makzare1463  - As i mentioned earlier "The Address ID in the customer profile schema is linked to the Address ID in the look-up table." I have already established the relationship between the schemas.

Community Advisor

Have you defined the primary identities of both schemas? If not, that could be the issue

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn