Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Implementing Activity Map through Websdk

Level 2

Hi Team,

I am implementing activity map through websdk, I have followed the steps given in below document, but unable to see the data under web interaction.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/analyze/activity-map/getting-started/activityma...

Is there any additional settings, which I am missing?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @bindukumari90 

By Enabling click data collection in web SDK extension will trigger a separate link click call every time you on any element on the page along with exit and download links.

There is no additional steps required for this process however make sure you are not changing "on before link click event send callback code" in the code editor which is available after checking the "enable data collection".

Although it depends on your case but I would not recommend tracking all the clicks on the page(some of it might be meaningless for your business) to prevent this use this code in the "on before link click event send callback" code editor

if (content.xdm.web.webInteraction.type === "other") {
  return false;
}

you can refer to this blog to better optimize your click implementation and some more best practices by @Andrew_Wathen_ 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @bindukumari90 

By Enabling click data collection in web SDK extension will trigger a separate link click call every time you on any element on the page along with exit and download links.

There is no additional steps required for this process however make sure you are not changing "on before link click event send callback code" in the code editor which is available after checking the "enable data collection".

Although it depends on your case but I would not recommend tracking all the clicks on the page(some of it might be meaningless for your business) to prevent this use this code in the "on before link click event send callback" code editor

if (content.xdm.web.webInteraction.type === "other") {
  return false;
}

you can refer to this blog to better optimize your click implementation and some more best practices by @Andrew_Wathen_