Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Identities recognition for a destination

Level 3

QQ - What does "identities were not recognized by the destination" means in context to exporting data to a Destination?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @mdajaz 

This error means there were no matching identifier between the two systems, AEP and the destination for the export.

Look into whether the identities you are exporting should align more (match rate) with the destination.

If that's the case then check what might be wrong with the identity values you are exporting from AEP.

Cheers,

Abhinav

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @mdajaz 

This error means there were no matching identifier between the two systems, AEP and the destination for the export.

Look into whether the identities you are exporting should align more (match rate) with the destination.

If that's the case then check what might be wrong with the identity values you are exporting from AEP.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Level 3

Is there a possibility that some identities were missing attributes? For example, lets say that I have following mapping to destination:

Attributes - src.  ---> Attributes - Dest

A ---> A1 (mandatory at destination side but maybe optional in my datalake/dataset.)

B ---> B1 (not mandatory but Null at source)

C ---> C1

1) What happens in case of attribute A above where the mandatory field is not present in dataset since its optional?

2) Case of Attribute B above where B is Null/empty at the source?

Community Advisor

@mdajaz As per my understanding, it is only looking at the identity fields here. Unless the attributes you've mentioned are identity fields, should not impact.

Cheers.

Level 3

I did not find any documentation in the product docs. Please point me to the relevant docs.

Community Advisor

Hi @mdajaz 

I have not faced this one and the closest documentation I could find around this one is the monitoring dataflow one which doesn't directly point to this specific issue.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/dataflows/ui/monitor-destinations.html?l...

Might be better to raise a support ticket to get the exact documentation from the team on what is the exact root cause for this one.

Cheers.

Level 3

Thanks for the details @abhinavbalooni. I will do further investigation per inputs shared above and if required will raise a support ticket. 

Cheers!