Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

GET data from endpoint

Level 7

Hi there,

There is an endpoint that I would like to regularly ingest the response data into AEP, this means using GET as opposed to a POST from the endpoint. Is this possible?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Thanks for the details @akwankl 

I don't think this would sit inside AEP. This is something which would be a middle layer like a scheduled cloud function/microservice which would call the CMS API endpoint and then grab the response and then make another API call to AEP dataset to update the dataset values.

This should be easily achievable through a Azure Function/AWS lambda or a GCP cloud funtion.

Also, adding to the GET vs POST bit, you can't have GET here as GET methods usually retrieve information.

Please do let me know if I misunderstood the query.

Hope the above helps ?

Cheers,

Abhinav

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hey @akwankl 

Could you add more details. May be any example for us to think through the possibilities.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Level 7

For sure!

For example, there's an endpoint that connects to our CMS which returns info of our different offers, e.g. 

[{offerid:"123",

"offername": "Test",

"status": "Draft"

},

{offerid:"222",

"offername": "Test2",

"status": "Published"

}

I would like call this API endpoint to retrieve the information on a daily basis, and ingest into a dataset that we can use to build segmentation such as "OfferID=222, status=published.

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Thanks for the details @akwankl 

I don't think this would sit inside AEP. This is something which would be a middle layer like a scheduled cloud function/microservice which would call the CMS API endpoint and then grab the response and then make another API call to AEP dataset to update the dataset values.

This should be easily achievable through a Azure Function/AWS lambda or a GCP cloud funtion.

Also, adding to the GET vs POST bit, you can't have GET here as GET methods usually retrieve information.

Please do let me know if I misunderstood the query.

Hope the above helps ?

Cheers,

Abhinav

Community Advisor

Hi @akwankl - On top of what @abhinavbalooni mentioned. Does your client have a AJO license, you can schedule journeys in AJO that uses a custom action to call the API and later feed in the response to a profile via update profile action.

Thanks,

Arpan

Community Advisor

@arpan-garg Yeah that's a nice callout !

Should work with AJO.