Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to validate a Segement by checking if a customer ID as been qualified in almost real-time (web experience event)

Community Advisor

Hi All,

What is the best apprach to validate a segment by using customer ID in streaming evaluation mode.? Basically after checking out a cart from web site, I want to verify if customer id has been qualified for a specific segment in almost real time. 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Luca_Lattarini how quickly are you looking for this to be evaluated - time range?

Here are some guard rails/latency for the profile to be available in UPS - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/blueprints-learn/architecture/data-ingestion/ingestion.html?... 

chetanyajain_0-1663215069171.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @Luca_Lattarini 

Go to profiles, Search for the profile by customer id and you should see the segment name in the segment membership tab.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Luca_Lattarini how quickly are you looking for this to be evaluated - time range?

Here are some guard rails/latency for the profile to be available in UPS - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/blueprints-learn/architecture/data-ingestion/ingestion.html?... 

chetanyajain_0-1663215069171.png

Community Advisor

@ChetanyaJain  @Manoj_Kumar_ the request from client it is very generic, they mentioned near(almost real-time). Assuming that we have two possbile option 1)  Go to Profile>Browser>Customer ID> Membership tab  2) Run Query in Query Service using segment criteria. Which one is the fastest ? 

Community Advisor

Hello @Luca_Lattarini 

If a profile qualifies for a segment then it should be available in both segment membership and query service.

The correct answer to your question is query service and good luck with cert 

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Community Advisor
  • With option 1, you will have to validate customer by customer.
  • with option 2, you are firing for segment criteria, so you can see more records.

Important Note:

• The count from the query service will be purely based on what data is available in the data lake at that point in time.
  • There can be data that would have never been made to UPS (if the profile was disabled)
  • There can be data in UPS but not present in the data lake (if data was auto-purged - remember 7 days/180 days).

Hope this helps!