Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to show only orders influenced by tracking code?

Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to use segments to see the influence of our marketing campaigns on orders.

I've built a segment which looks at the visitor, tracking code and then ordering within 1 week. However, if I extend my reporting window to a year, Adobe shows all orders for the visitors within my segment and not just the ones that came within a week of engaging with the tracking code.

How do I make a segment where Adobe will only show the orders that occur when a customer clicks on the tracking code and then orders within 1 week?

Tracking code segment screenshot.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @chrisvb24 ,
You need sequential segmentation here to capture sequence of events as they occur. In your case it is customer clicks -> order placed [within 1 week]. Refer snapshot which reveals how one can serialize events in segmentation builder. Here I tried to serialize events which has type "Product Added" and then within one week has event type "Product Not Purchased". AEP will qualify here only those profiles which has this serialization. Hope this helps.

AtulChavan_0-1656937236589.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @chrisvb24

As I understand you want to select those profiles who clicked on URL (or satisfy the tracing code condition) and did the order in last 7 days. 

As I saw you are using a "OR" in between these two conditions. But if you want to select profiles which satisfy both condition then you need to use "AND". 

PFA: Screenshot

Parvesh_Parmar_0-1655369352132.png

Try to use "And" and check your result again. 

Thanks.

Parvesh.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @chrisvb24 ,
You need sequential segmentation here to capture sequence of events as they occur. In your case it is customer clicks -> order placed [within 1 week]. Refer snapshot which reveals how one can serialize events in segmentation builder. Here I tried to serialize events which has type "Product Added" and then within one week has event type "Product Not Purchased". AEP will qualify here only those profiles which has this serialization. Hope this helps.

AtulChavan_0-1656937236589.png