Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to break the connection between linked identities?

Level 7

Hi there,

I have an action in AJO that writes back to a dataset in AEP. The schema has an incorrectly defined secondary identity that is causing some mis-stitching. However, it is super difficult to just delete and recreate the dataset because the existing dataset is used in an existing AJO action, and AJO actions are not updatable after some journeys are using it. And I have a lot of journeys that are using the same action.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

2 Replies

Level 6

Hi @akwankl ,

Unfortunality deleting the dataset is only feasible option in this case. For your use case you might want to follow below steps.

1- Create a New Dataset and define a new schema with the correct secondary identity.
2- Duplicate the AJO Action:

• Duplicate the existing action that writes back to the dataset.
  • Configure the new action to write to the new dataset.

3- Update Journeys with the New Action: Carefully update the journeys to use the new action. If possible, do this during low-traffic periods.

Hope this helps or let us know if you find any other feasible solution for this use case.

Employee Advisor

@akwankl , in the future you may want to look into the new Identity Linking Rules feature which just went into beta. One of the use cases it was designed for is "erroneous or bad identity values". It won't help with historical data, but could help you out in future use cases. You can read up on it here:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/identity/features/identity-graph-link...