Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Event Forwarding data elements in AEP Web SDK

Level 3

Hi,

Event forwarding data elements utilizes XDM object as data source and Edge network forward those data elements values to non-adobe solutions. My question is in case of non-xdm data, what could be the data source for event forwarding data elements? Any document or example on sending non-xdm data would be helpful.

vikash4_0-1663424704536.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Here are some samples to create data elements:

chetanyajain_0-1663436975937.png

chetanyajain_1-1663437016479.png

based on the guideline given here https://docs.mktossl.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/event-forwarding/overview.html?lang=en#data-e... 

The make fetch call looks like this:

chetanyajain_3-1663437371477.png

See if this helps.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

@vikash4 are you able to pass the non-xdm data to the data collection?

The data that comes to the data collection with XDM object, you can remap by adding rules & data elements and pass it in the format that you like to the non-adobe extension.

Level 3

@ChetanyaJain I am passing XDM data into data collection and using Event forwarding property to send it to non-adobe solution. I'm using Adobe Cloud Connector extension with "Make Fetch Call' action type in Event Forwarding property. XDM compliant data is flowing to non-adobe solution.

In order to send non-xdm data to non-adobe solution, how to do remapping? Any document or example around this would be more helpful.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Here are some samples to create data elements:

chetanyajain_0-1663436975937.png

chetanyajain_1-1663437016479.png

based on the guideline given here https://docs.mktossl.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/event-forwarding/overview.html?lang=en#data-e... 

The make fetch call looks like this:

chetanyajain_3-1663437371477.png

See if this helps.

Level 3

@ChetanyaJain Thanks for your efforts  

I think I'm doing the same steps for sending data to non-adobe solutions from XDM data collection. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/platform-learn/implement-web-sdk/event-forwarding/setup-even...

In event forwarding data element I'm referring XDM data

elements(arc.event.xdm.identityMap.pmiCrmId.0.id & arc.event.xdm.identityMap.ECID.0.id) and in rule mapping them to send as query parameter. 

My question is, instead of referring the xdm data element, can we map non-xdm data element with event forwarding data element like instead of using arc.event.xdm.identityMap.pmiCrmId.0.id & arc.event.xdm.identityMap.ECID.0.id, can I use  arc.event.person.name.firstName & arc.event.person.name.lastName considering firstName & lastName is not part of XDM data element?

vikash4_0-1663492781095.pngvikash4_1-1663492823709.png

Community Advisor

@vikash4 I am wondering how will you populate the data element if it's not part of the data layer that gets ingested from websdk/mobilesdk/server API?

To ingest the data into data collection, you will need the xdm defined and then you will forward it to non-adobe.

Please let me know if I am missing or overlooking the fundamentals.

Level 3

@ChetanyaJain I don't know about this use case so thought to check if anyone has implemented or I can get any document or example around this.

Community Advisor

Also, there are other data element types other than Path - not sure if you have tried that.

Level 1

@vikash4 ,

You can access the custom objects as well with in event forwarding.

As an example I am referring the custom value that I send through data filed section to server side and I refer the value on the event forwarding like below.

arc.event.data.facebook.fbp

If you want to understand how the arc object look like to get to understand the exact path of your field - write your complete object an end point. I use webhook for this

mvvss68639847_0-1669634855990.png