Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Luma Tutorial - Can not get profiles value in AEP

Level 1

Hi,

I set up Experience Platform using doc in https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/platform-learn/implement-web-sdk/applications-setup/setup-ex...

But in Validate a profile Step, I can not get profiles value in AEP - Profiles.

1.png

I have change the Page Embed Codes in debugger.

2.png

And the post body I can see the identityMap with values.

3.png

And I also can see data in AEP datasets.

4.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes, that is the ECID that you found in the response. Thanks for checking that.

It seems like you have confirmed that your data is streaming into the correct Platform sandbox and your schema and dataset are enabled for Profile. The customer id is being set correctly in the identity map, but for some reason profiles are not being created in profile.

I'm not sure what that the error "Updates are not supported for events" means.  My best guess is that it might think you are sending events with the same event "_id" field twice, but I don't understand how that would happen. You just followed the directions of the tutorial and are you just browsing the site normally, right? From your screenshot, it looks like this might be related to the data landing in the profile.

At this point, i suggest opening a ticket with client care to see if they can help explain what that error message "Updates are not supported for events" means.

Just to clarify some communication you are having with @manl , the tutorial uses a schema on the XDM ExperienceEvent class, which is enabled for Profile. There is another class called XDM Individual Profile, but this is NOT used in the tutorial. 

Here are some other things you can check:
1. Are the ids populating the identity graph? Since you have two ids (ECID and lumaCrmId2) a graph should be formed which is visible in the interface: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/platform-learn/tutorials/identities/view-identity-graphs.htm...

2. Use the Edge trace feature in the Debugger (and Assurance) to see if there is any useful debugging info there.

3. You could follow the steps in this Platform tutorial to create the schema for loyalty data and ingest the sample data to see if you are able to see profiles created: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/platform-learn/getting-started-for-data-architects-and-data-... 

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Community Advisor

@Tai888 Have you enabled the data set and schema for profiling?

AvinashGupta01_0-1669046149078.png

Level 1

Hi AvinashGupta01,

Yes I have enabled profile in dataset and schema.

6.png5.png

Employee Advisor

Here are some other things to double-check:

1. Look up the profile using the ECID. The ECID can be found in the _response_ of the interact call in your browser console.

2. Make sure the identity symbol you are passing in the call "lumaCrmId2" matches that of the identity namespace you are looking up.

3. Does a profile count show in the sidebar of the Profiles browse screen?

4. Do any sample profiles show on the Profiles browse screen?

5. In the dataset, if you click the Preview Dataset button on the top right corner, do you see some of your test data there?

Level 1

Hi dwright,

Thanks for your help. For your question I check and the result like these:

1. Look up the profile using the ECID. The ECID can be found in the _response_ of the interact call in your browser console.

Is this the ECID? I add this to search in profiles and can see nothing.

1.png

2.png

2. Make sure the identity symbol you are passing in the call "lumaCrmId2" matches that of the identity namespace you are looking up.

Both in AEP or launch I can see the Identities like this,I think they are matching.

3.png

3. Does a profile count show in the sidebar of the Profiles browse screen?

4. Do any sample profiles show on the Profiles browse screen?

In both sidebar and browse screen there are nothing.

4.png

5. In the dataset, if you click the Preview Dataset button on the top right corner, do you see some of your test data there?

I can see other data like web.webPageDetails.name, but nothing in 

identityMap.6.png

5.png

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes, that is the ECID that you found in the response. Thanks for checking that.

It seems like you have confirmed that your data is streaming into the correct Platform sandbox and your schema and dataset are enabled for Profile. The customer id is being set correctly in the identity map, but for some reason profiles are not being created in profile.

I'm not sure what that the error "Updates are not supported for events" means.  My best guess is that it might think you are sending events with the same event "_id" field twice, but I don't understand how that would happen. You just followed the directions of the tutorial and are you just browsing the site normally, right? From your screenshot, it looks like this might be related to the data landing in the profile.

At this point, i suggest opening a ticket with client care to see if they can help explain what that error message "Updates are not supported for events" means.

Just to clarify some communication you are having with @manl , the tutorial uses a schema on the XDM ExperienceEvent class, which is enabled for Profile. There is another class called XDM Individual Profile, but this is NOT used in the tutorial. 

Here are some other things you can check:
1. Are the ids populating the identity graph? Since you have two ids (ECID and lumaCrmId2) a graph should be formed which is visible in the interface: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/platform-learn/tutorials/identities/view-identity-graphs.htm...

2. Use the Edge trace feature in the Debugger (and Assurance) to see if there is any useful debugging info there.

3. You could follow the steps in this Platform tutorial to create the schema for loyalty data and ingest the sample data to see if you are able to see profiles created: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/platform-learn/getting-started-for-data-architects-and-data-... 

Community Advisor

Hello @Tai888 

Have you selected the correct profile dataset in the Datastream? if the profile data set is correct then the next step would be to check the activity tab of your dataset for any ingestion failures.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 1

Hi Manoj_Kumar_, 

Thanks, I check and found I haven't add profile dataset in the Datastream so I add it.

And I try again, found there are errors in the screen. Do you know how to solve them?

9.png8.png

Community Advisor

Hello @Tai888 

Now check your JSON payload, It should match the XDM structure of the schema. Any difference in payload and XDM structure will cause the ingestion failure.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 1

Hi Manoj_Kumar_,

I am not sure what "JSON payload" mean, is this the digital data?
If yes, I think there maybe no different.
10.png

And the schema is like this:
Tai888_0-1669370128416.png

Community Advisor

Hello @Tai888 

The screenshot is of an experience event schema.

Make sure your payload matches with the schema definition of XDM Individual class.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 1

Hi Manoj_Kumar_,

Can you tell me how to "Make sure your payload matches with the schema definition of XDM Individual class." or provide screenshots?

I don't know where to find the schema definition of XDM Individual class.

And I check in launch, do you mean this?

13.png微信截图_20221128174617.png12.png14.png