Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Custom Action in AJO vs AEP destination

Level 4

Hi Team,

I am looking for an understanding of using custom action vs enabling AEP destination using Experience platform in terms of analyzing a use case. If my use case is to sending out sms/push/whatsapp/twitter/facebook post, I can use custom action in AJO. However, for twitter/facebook etc there is AEP destination is also available. What is the difference between using these two. Is there any thumb rule there.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@supratim320 

If a client has only an AJO license and does not have a RT-CDP license but wants to export data from a profile-enabled dataset to a destination that supports REST API, then a custom action would be the choice. However, developing custom actions may require more technical expertise and effort. You need to build, maintain, and update the custom logic, which can add complexity to your system. Additionally, there is a limitation of a capping limit of 300,000 calls over one minute defined for all custom actions, per host, and per sandbox.

If the client has an RT-CDP license, AEP destinations come into use. AEP destinations provide pre-built integrations with various platforms. This simplifies the process of sending data to these platforms without requiring extensive custom development.

If event data needs to be shared with 3rd party systems, this can be achieved using a custom action in a unitary event journey. AEP destinations cannot activate event data.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@supratim320 

If a client has only an AJO license and does not have a RT-CDP license but wants to export data from a profile-enabled dataset to a destination that supports REST API, then a custom action would be the choice. However, developing custom actions may require more technical expertise and effort. You need to build, maintain, and update the custom logic, which can add complexity to your system. Additionally, there is a limitation of a capping limit of 300,000 calls over one minute defined for all custom actions, per host, and per sandbox.

If the client has an RT-CDP license, AEP destinations come into use. AEP destinations provide pre-built integrations with various platforms. This simplifies the process of sending data to these platforms without requiring extensive custom development.

If event data needs to be shared with 3rd party systems, this can be achieved using a custom action in a unitary event journey. AEP destinations cannot activate event data.