Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can we increase the frequency of Batch Evaluation for for than once per day?

Level 4

Hi,

We are ingesting a Batch data from Snowflake source into CDP, with a frequency of every 3 hours. Is there a possibility to Evaluate a Batch segment (profiles are created using this snowflake data)  more than once a day? I can see that we specify a time for daily Batch Segment evaluation to happen, and then the next evaluation happens the next day same time. Is there a possibility to set evaluation time say every 3 hours or xyz hours? Please suggest. 

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by

Hi @mansibedi on demand jobs are ad-hoc evaluation so you need to run every time.

AFAIK if you try to schedule it to run every 3 hour the request shall fail with a 400 response due to chronos schedule validation. You can only schedule the job at most once a day.

Regards,

Arijit Ghosh

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear @mansibedi ,

Based on Adobe's documentation, 'batch segments are automatically evaluated every 24 hours and if we want to evaluate a batch segment on demand, we can use a segment job'.

Did you go through the segment jobs documentation? If not go through the same and see if it is helpful.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

Level 4

Hi @PratheepArunRaj 

Thank you for your response. 

Yes I have gone through the document as well. One question i had in the evaluation of segment on demand using segment job --> if we set up a, on demand job to evaluate batch segment, do we need to run the segment job every time we need the results? Or can we schedule the segment to run every, say 3 hours automatically? 

Please suggest. Thanks. 

Correct answer by

Hi @mansibedi on demand jobs are ad-hoc evaluation so you need to run every time.

AFAIK if you try to schedule it to run every 3 hour the request shall fail with a 400 response due to chronos schedule validation. You can only schedule the job at most once a day.

Regards,

Arijit Ghosh

Community Advisor

Dear mansibedi,

As said by @arijitg , on-demand jobs cannot be scheduled, however, if you can trigger the endpoint API programmatically every 3 hours, it is feasible for you to achieve the expected.

How to initialize or whether it is possible to initialize the endpoint API programmatically is nothing to do with Adobe and thus you need to check with your full-stack developer.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow Digital | Terryn Winter Analytics