Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Archiving old profiles

Level 2

I would like to Archive old profiles (Say older than 1 year profiles) from my Adobe AEP box. How can I do that?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

@shriankur . Unfortunately, there is no Out of the box solution - so you cannot archive old dataset in AEP, you can only set Time To Live (TTL) which will permanently delete data in AEP.

Hope this answers your question.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @shriankur 
Please see the following documentation regarding Profile Service time-to-live (TTL). Profile Service lets users apply time-to-live (TTL) on data in the Profile Store. TTL is a mechanism that limits the amount of time data lives within a dataset. This lets you automatically remove data from the Profile Store that is no longer useful for your use cases.

However, this functionality is only available on Experience Event (EE) Data. At this point, there is no TTL on Profile Attribute data. This may come at some time in a future release.

Hope this helps!
Joshua

Level 5

There is OOB feature as mentioned by @Joshua_Eisikovi but it will permanently delete data from AEP. If you would like to archive it for later use, then possible best if you can export it outside of AEP via S3 and store it in external system. Technically, the other alternative (which is not that great btw) will be to create an archive schema and store the data there, but I don't recommend this.

Level 4

@adobechat Could you please provide a link to the documentation where it is described how to export complete profile data and experience events to S3/CSV?

Level 4

Thank you @adobechat 

But with this feature (destinations/s3) I cannot export Experience Event (EE) Data to CSV.

Screenshot 2022-02-21 185414.jpg

What is the way to achieve this?

Thanks for your help.

Level 5

Which type of event are you trying to export and can you explain the usecase of it? Are you trying to archive events or are you trying to make a call to s3 based on an event activity?

Level 4

@adobechat wrote:

can you explain the usecase of it?

Its about the requirement mentioned here in this thread

1. delete older profiles (which is obviously not supported)

2. delete older experience events of those profiles (which is supported with this TTL mentioned above)

3. before deleting older experience events make sure they are archived

@adobechat wrote:

Which type of event are you trying to export

Simply: all types

@adobechat wrote:

are you trying to make a call to s3 based on an event activity?

Nope.

Level 2

Thanks for your replies folks. Yes I am looking for out of box solution for automated archival of profiles. It is a customer profile

Also I have another requirement. My dataset is growing. Is there a way to automatically Archive old dataset?

Correct answer by
Level 5

@shriankur . Unfortunately, there is no Out of the box solution - so you cannot archive old dataset in AEP, you can only set Time To Live (TTL) which will permanently delete data in AEP.

Hope this answers your question.