Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEP - Development Sandbox Not Showing in Sandbox Switcher

Level 2

I am attempting to follow along with the "Getting Started with Data Science Workspace for Data Scientists" video course. As part of Lesson 1 / Course Introduction, I created a new development sandbox.  I can see the sandbox listed when I browse in the Sandboxes tab, and the sandbox status shows as Active.  However, when I try to select it from the sandbox switcher in the sandbox ribbon (top left in AEP), the sandbox is not listed.  I have refreshed the AEP site several times, and the sandbox was created two weeks ago now, so if it is a lag issue, it seems like it should have resolved by now.  Am I missing some level of permissions to fully create a development sandbox?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Login to adminconsole.adobe.com, open the AEP product, go to any product profile you are part of and click on the permissions tab. There you will see the option to include your newly created sandbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Administrator

@dellenc : Can you share what exactly happens, when you create sandbox, what success message you receive?

Are you able to create sandbox, because sandbox creation need write permissions.

Level 2

When I create the sandbox, I get the Green bar at the bottom of the screen with a checkmark and note that "Create Sandbox Request Submitted. Refresh your browser."  The sandbox then shows up in the list of sandboxes (the list seen when you click 'Sandboxes' from the side menu, bottom left, and then click 'Browse').  The list shows the sandbox status is active, and I can click on the sandbox and see its details to the right (which say it was created).  However, when I go to the sandbox switcher ribbon (drop down menu) on the top left of AEP, the sandbox is not listed, and therefore I cannot get into the environment.

If I wasn't able to create sandboxes, I wouldn't think I could complete these steps, but maybe I'm wrong.  Is there some other reason why the sandbox wouldn't show in the switcher?

Administrator

@dellenc 

Can you check if sandbox are added to product profile in the admin console?

It is mandatory to have that sandbox added to their product profile in the admin console in order to start using the sandbox. 

Correct answer by
Employee

Login to adminconsole.adobe.com, open the AEP product, go to any product profile you are part of and click on the permissions tab. There you will see the option to include your newly created sandbox.