Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Add New AEP Profile from the Web

Level 4

Hello,

We have Customer (Profile) and Web (Events) schemas/datasets defined using the email address as the primary key.  In the Web schema, the "Primary key...provided in Identity Map" map is enabled - meaning the ECID is sent if the email isn't available.  The Customer schema is mostly populated via Salesforce CRM but we'd like to add new AEP Profiles based on the submissions to a Web Registration form.

I don't see any AEP APIs that allow you to add a single record into the profile store (there is a delete API though).  In Datastreams, I can define a Profile dataset but I'm not seeing the corresponding Profile XDM link in Launch.  Assuming there's an answer to that, would sending the new profile data to Datastreams "automatically" add new records to the dataset defined in the stream configuration or is this just for appending data to existing profiles?

If not, how exactly do you add a single new record to the AEP Profile dataset from the web?

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @MktgCloudUser  - Ideally "ECID" should be considered as primary identifier for the web event and others will go to secondary identifier. Just to answer your question precisely, at the time of customer submitting the form if the customer profile record is already existed in profile store, then it will just append with existing profile (assuming customer has logged in with email ID which is an identifier). If not, it will create a new record for the profile. 
I could see from our sandbox that adobe has leveraged custom script by manipulating the data element which will have the data from data layer about customer profiles, just like as a payload of schema by dynamically passing data from web SDK to AEP dataset. Just to be precise, it is possible, but you need to read and have the profile data ready from web SDK along with respective datasets and schemas. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @MktgCloudUser  - On submission of the web registration form you have to call the streaming API which will pass in the profile details to the API. As far as i know you need to write a Adobe data collection rule to make this call. For example a ajax call will sends data to streaming API.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @MktgCloudUser  - Ideally "ECID" should be considered as primary identifier for the web event and others will go to secondary identifier. Just to answer your question precisely, at the time of customer submitting the form if the customer profile record is already existed in profile store, then it will just append with existing profile (assuming customer has logged in with email ID which is an identifier). If not, it will create a new record for the profile. 
I could see from our sandbox that adobe has leveraged custom script by manipulating the data element which will have the data from data layer about customer profiles, just like as a payload of schema by dynamically passing data from web SDK to AEP dataset. Just to be precise, it is possible, but you need to read and have the profile data ready from web SDK along with respective datasets and schemas.