Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Web SDK page view event with Adobe Client Data Layer

Level 2

Hi,

I want to send data to Adobe Analytics by setting a new Web SDK property. I have the Adobe Client Data Layer implemented on all pages of the domain I want to track. I have installed the Adobe Client Data Layer extension on Data Collection so I can use the data layer values to set the different rules.

First thing I want to track are page views. Every time a page loads the data layer's event key receives the value "x". I have used this value as the firing event for the page view rule with the following configuration:

• Extension: Adobe Client Data Layer
  • Event type: Data Pushed
  • Listen to: Specific Event
  • Time scope: All

This configuration works well as expected with a basic configuration and I can see the page view event being sent to the Edge. But it doesn't work properly if I add a condition to the rule based on a cookie value. I think this problem might be related to timing, but I though there won't be any problem with timings when setting the time scope to "all".

Did I misunderstand the time scope functionallity? Any recommendation on timeout settings or whatever?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

well if you've configured time scope as All it should have listened to past events as well.

have you checked the logs on the console is there any error for the condition you've placed? you can enable logs by executing _satellite.setDebuge(true) on the console.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 6

Hi @RaulFo 

I don't think keeping time scope to all will create any rule timing issues with as it will trigger the rule every time your condition meets.

I guess you are using cookie type condition to check the cookie value ideally it should work but you can also try using custom code type using using the same logic

_satellite.cookie.get("cookie name") == "string"
return true

Also check if the cookie is being set correctly before the data is being pushed into the data layer to properly work the condition. 

Level 2

Hi @Ankit_Chaudhary,

The rule expects an event to be pushed into the data layer and a condition to be met.

The cookie condition (custom code) checks if the value "x" exists. The cookie is set after the page loads, so I assume the rule should fire when both conditions are met no matter the order.

Must always the condition be met before the event is pushed into the data layer?

Correct answer by
Level 6

well if you've configured time scope as All it should have listened to past events as well.

have you checked the logs on the console is there any error for the condition you've placed? you can enable logs by executing _satellite.setDebuge(true) on the console.