Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Triggering event type after few seconds in rules

Level 3

Hi, 

I'm trigger an event type(click) to capture the navigator search filter types for the search query terms. I want to capture the filter type values . Like "By Date" "By Category" etc.

Here my problem,

Results appear immediately when user select/click the filter type but URL loads after few secs so the data element where not able to fetch the value where passing in the URL i.e., &bydate, &bycategory values. It's taking sometime and gives no value. 

And here again if user clicks another filter type for the same search journey, its storing the value of previous filter type.

how can we configure this RULE? I'm trying to trigger the rule after few secs via custom code(for all filter types) in the event type because of this issue and ignoring the type as CLICK. Custom code is the only way for this issue. Is there any option under the event type? I can see there is an option like "time on page"(logically m not sure) but its an "OR" operator. I'm expecting the both the rule type should perform parallel.

I'm in the progress of configuring the custom code together for all filter types with settimeout function. 

But I'm curious to see whether there is an inbuilt functionality to sort this issue.  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

@prathap08 

I don't know how the page is set up, but would a rule set to execute on History Change do the trick? 

Another option might be to create a data element that watches for URL/parameter changes, then trigger the rule using a "Data Element Changed" event?

Details on these actions, and others: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/launch/using/extensions-ref/adobe-extension/core-extension/ov...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

@prathap08 

I don't know how the page is set up, but would a rule set to execute on History Change do the trick? 

Another option might be to create a data element that watches for URL/parameter changes, then trigger the rule using a "Data Element Changed" event?

Details on these actions, and others: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/launch/using/extensions-ref/adobe-extension/core-extension/ov...

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?