Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Test Environment

Level 3

We have added extra environment that is Test Environment and share JS with developer. But in publishing flow i can move between dev, staging and production. How i can make sure Test script also work. When i moved to staging than acceptance link is working but test environment link is not working.

peeyushbansal_0-1676552171430.png

peeyushbansal_1-1676552299584.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

For a build that's in prod, whichever dev environment you built during the flow will still have that version of the code (that is until you build a new version of the code)...

But if you need to spool up a copy of your production scripts into your new "Test" dev environment, then just create a new library, choose "Test" from the environment drop down, give it a name and build it (all the prod resources and versions will be included as part of the "upstream" resources)

In the above flow, you don't need to add any resources. If you look at the library setting, there is a collapsed "upstream" resources.. if you expand this, you will see all the resources that are automatically part of the build.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Your "Test environment" would fall under Development. In AEP Tags (a.k.a. Adobe Launch), you can only create new environments under Development.

In your workflow, when you create a library, you need to assign an environment to it. So you'd assign "Test environment", so that your library's changes get loaded in your developers' websites.

Level 3

@yuhuisg 

@Jennifer_Dungan , i have this library in published (i think prduction), how i can ensure same works at test environment also

peeyushbansal_0-1676620928200.png

Community Advisor

Libraries that are published will work in Development environments, including your "Test environment". So whatever rules and data elements that you have configured in that published library will work when your developers load a website that loads the "Test environment"'s script.

Community Advisor

So you can have multiple "development" environments, one staging environment and one prod environment.

When you go to publishing flow, in your development flow column, you can create multiple Libraries (in the environment drop down, all the available development libraries should be listed)

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1676561733104.png

If any of your Dev environments already have a Library attached to it, they will appear greyed out in the dropdown.

You will need to create libraries for each "Development" environment.

This is most often used when you have multiple QA/Dev servers (you can create a build for QA1, a build for QA2, etc - and for multiple releases working in parallel where "change 1" may go before or after "change 2"... you can test the tracking in isolation and deploy in whatever order you need)... I suspect in your case, your developers have a separate development environment that they want more isolated from your QA changes?

If that's the case, you shouldn't need to promote your "Test" builds up any further than development.. but when your changes go to prod you will need to sync up your developer's version of the code to what is in production....

Level 3

@Jennifer_Dungan , i have this library in published (i think prduction), how i can ensure same works at test environment also

peeyushbansal_0-1676620928200.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

For a build that's in prod, whichever dev environment you built during the flow will still have that version of the code (that is until you build a new version of the code)...

But if you need to spool up a copy of your production scripts into your new "Test" dev environment, then just create a new library, choose "Test" from the environment drop down, give it a name and build it (all the prod resources and versions will be included as part of the "upstream" resources)

In the above flow, you don't need to add any resources. If you look at the library setting, there is a collapsed "upstream" resources.. if you expand this, you will see all the resources that are automatically part of the build.