Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Stage Environment Not Available for Build when Another Build Waiting for Production Publish

Level 10

A little background to explain how I got to the scenario below --> I wanted to see what each extensions looked like in the embed code. So, I disabled all my extensions and then enabled them one by one to see how the extension portion of the embed code changed.

1) I enabled the Target extension.

2) I made a build of only the Target extension to my development environment

3) I then submitted it for Approval (for stage)

4) I made a build of only the Target extension to the stage environment

5) I then submitted it for Approval (for production)

Then

6) I enabled the MCID extension.

7) I made a build of only the MCID extension to my development environemnt

(For a visual of steps 1 - 6, please see screen shot 1 below)

8) I then submitted it for Approval (for stage)

9) But, I am given a message that I can't build to stage because I have something waiting for production (see screen shot 2).

I feel like this constraint is not in DTM. I can have changes under the "Approval" tab in DTM (these changes are available in the non-production DTM embed code) and then I can have changes under the "Publish Queue" button in DTM. I am not forced to publish items in the "Publish Queue" before adding more changes to the "Approval" tab.

Screen Shot 1 :: One build in Approved column and one build in Development column

1288002_pastedImage_0.png

Screen Shot 2 :: Message shown when I try to Submit for Approval (to stage)

1288003_pastedImage_6.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

We covered this on the Office Hours call, but as a quick recap:

This is how the system is designed.  Once a library has been submitted, it is on the production pipeline and no other builds can be promoted until the pipeline has been cleared, either by rejecting the library that is in it or by publishing the library to production.

This prevents one library from accidentally overwriting changes that were made in a different library.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

We covered this on the Office Hours call, but as a quick recap:

This is how the system is designed.  Once a library has been submitted, it is on the production pipeline and no other builds can be promoted until the pipeline has been cleared, either by rejecting the library that is in it or by publishing the library to production.

This prevents one library from accidentally overwriting changes that were made in a different library.

Level 10

Thanks for recapping the conversation we had during the 8/29 Office Hours on this item!