Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Persisting Data Between Screens

Level 2

Is there a way to persist a context data variable across screens using a function in the SDK? Similar to how the getPreviousValue plugin works for the web. 

To provide a specific example...

I want to track how users got to a specific screen and which button or link they clicked to get there. Currently, we are using a trackAction on the link click to get that information, but this approach is causing us to go over our server call limit as two calls are being fired for each click (trackAction on click, subsequent trackState on screen load).

Our approach to reduce server calls is the following...

1. Onclick of the button/link, store details on which button/link it was
2. Remove the trackAction on the click
3. Pass the stored information on the button/click on the following trackState 

Our mobile developers said it wasn't possible to save the button/click information across screens for reasons, so I wanted to see if there was any native features within the SDK or Launch that could be used for this approach. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello Patrick. 

One option is to use the Profile extension to store user journey attributes. This has support for both client-side and launch implementations. Although you should note that if you are not using trackAction/trackState you will lose the automatic reporting on link clicks. Hopefully this helps. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello Patrick. 

One option is to use the Profile extension to store user journey attributes. This has support for both client-side and launch implementations. Although you should note that if you are not using trackAction/trackState you will lose the automatic reporting on link clicks. Hopefully this helps. 

Thanks